- The first phase of the NHS COVID-19 vaccination programme has started
- The vaccination may not be delivered at Purton surgery but at another larger location
- When it is the right time for you, you will receive an invitation to come forward and told where to go and what to do
- Please do not contact the surgery to get an appointment until you are contacted
- Information on the vaccine is available on the NHS.UK website
Following extensive trials, the first safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine has been approved in the UK and is now available to priority groups.
Vaccinations are being delivered according to priority groups identified by the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI). The vaccinations may not take place at your GP practice, but rather a local vaccination service (led by GPs, practice nurses and community pharmacists) who are responsible for delivering the vaccine to people in your community.